I am a Lecturer at Faculty of Education of the University of Zaragoza. I have recently worked on exploring the development of academic literacy acquisition in tertiary education settings around the world. My research interests focus on the internationalization of Higher Education institutions and its impact on the use of English as the international language and on intercultural communication. I am also interested in genre analysis and specialized languages. I currently participate in national and international projects which seek to explore the dissemination of scientific knowlege about climate change and sustainability in digital genres.
- Muresan, L.-M., & Orna-Montesinos, C. (Eds.) (2021). Academic Literacy Development: Perspectives on Multilingual Scholars’ Approaches to Writing. Palgrave Macmillan, Cham.
- Orna-Montesinos, C. (2018). Language practices and policies in conflict: An ELF perspective on international military communication. Journal of English as a LIngua Franca 7(11), 89-112.
- Orna Montesinos, C. (2018). Reconceptualizing linguistic diversity and its role in intercultural communication: A literature review. In I. Vázquez & I. Guillén (Eds.), ELF and Intercultural Communication: Implications and/or applications to the field of English Language Teaching, 33-69. Bern: Peter Lang.
- Orna-Montesinos, C. (2018). Perceptions towards intercultural communication: Military students in a higher education context . In Z. Tatsioka, B. Seidlhofer, N. Sifakis, G. Ferguson (eds). English in Europe – Using English as a Lingua Franca in Education in Europe (225-249). Berlin: Mouton de Gruyter.
- Orna-Montesinos, C. (2017). The scope of intercultural communication in a military-specific language learning program. Journal of English for Specific and Academic Purposes 5(1), 13-33.
- Orna-Montesinos, C. (2016). Intercultural communication in the Military: A resource pack for the ESP teacher. Lambert Academic Publishing. ISBN: 978-3-659-96875-4
- Orna-Montesinos, C. (2013). English as an International Language in the military: A study of attitudes. LSP Journal 4(1), 87-105.
- Orna-Montesinos, C. (2020). Teaching Spanish as a language for social inclusion in an adult migrant training center. EDULEARN20 Proceedings (p. 7978).
- Orna Montesinos, C. & Pérez-Llantada, C. (2018). Language problems in writing in English for Research Publication Purposes: ‘Unfair linguistic play’? 51st Annual Meeting of the British Association of Applied Linguistics, BAAL 2018. York St John University (York, UK), September 6-8.
- Pérez-Llantada, C. & Orna Montesinos, C. (2018). A survey-based study of scientists’ writing practices: New rhetorical exigencies, new literacy demands. 51st Annual Meeting of the British Association of Applied Linguistics, BAAL 2018. York St John University (York, UK), September 6-8.
- Orna-Montesinos, C. (2017). The integration of linguistic, disciplinary and intercultural competence in ESP materials: A case study. 35th International Conference of the Spanish Society for Applied Linguistics. University of Jaén (Jaén, Spain), May 4-6.
- Orna-Montesinos, C. (2016). El impacto de las políticas lingüísticas en las prácticas comunicativas de la comunidad militar española. San Javier (Murcia, Spain). In Serna, J. et al., Actas: IV Congreso Nacional de i+d en Defensa y Seguridad, DESEi+d 2016 (pp. 637-644). Ed. Centro Universitario de la Defensa de San Javier, 2016.
- Orna-Montesinos, C. (2016). The acquisition of intercultural communication in a military Higher Education context. Valencia (Valencia, Spain). INTED2016 Proceedings, pp. 4824-4831.
- Orna-Montesinos, C. (2015). Is sustainability good or bad? The use of evaluation in media discourse. 33rd AESLA International Conference. Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (Madrid, Spain). April 16-18.
- Orna-Montesinos, C. (2013). Responses to EIL across professional communities in Spain: three case studies. International Conference on Responses to the Lingua Franca Role of English. The South-East European Research Centre (Thessaloniki, Greece). November 23-24.
- 2014-2018. Book Reviews Editor for Ibérica Journal of the European Association of Languages for Specific Purposes